[AccessD] more on TripleState

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Thu Aug 21 19:14:47 CDT 2003

> Bound or unbound?
> If bound, what sort of field is it bound to - are Nulls allowed in
> the field?

==========Unbound are no problem -- they act exactly as I expect. It's the
bound, and I've tried Text and Numeric data types -- I just don't get it.
The problem is... it doesn't seem to matter with a bound control --
regardless of whether the control's TripleState property is enabled or
disabled, it continues to show that third "null" state when Null is
encountered -- I expected it to display the Null values as no, even with a
bound control, and this doesn't seem to be the case.

Setting it programmatically seems to have the same result -- if it's bound
and the field contains Null values, the control continues to visually
display the grayed out state even if I programmatically set the property to
No. Even if I reset the property to No manually, it continues to display the
null state. This isn't what I expected, so either I was incorrect in what I
expected or I'm doing something wrong.

Susan H.