[AccessD] more on TripleState

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Aug 21 19:43:08 CDT 2003

On 21 Aug 2003 at 20:14, Susan Harkins wrote:

> > Bound or unbound?
> > If bound, what sort of field is it bound to - are Nulls allowed in
> > the field?
>
> ==========Unbound are no problem -- they act exactly as I expect. It's the
> bound, and I've tried Text and Numeric data types -- I just don't get it.
> The problem is... it doesn't seem to matter with a bound control --
> regardless of whether the control's TripleState property is enabled or
> disabled, it continues to show that third "null" state when Null is
> encountered -- I expected it to display the Null values as no, even with a
> bound control, and this doesn't seem to be the case.
>
> Setting it programmatically seems to have the same result -- if it's bound
> and the field contains Null values, the control continues to visually
> display the grayed out state even if I programmatically set the property to
> No. Even if I reset the property to No manually, it continues to display the
> null state. This isn't what I expected, so either I was incorrect in what I
> expected or I'm doing something wrong.

In A2K (at least - I don't have any other version hady here):
Help is wrong.
It states that if the TripleState is set to No, then Nulls are displayed
as "No". In fact they are displayed as "grayed out".  The only effect
that the TripleState property has is determining how the control cycles
through its values when you click in it.

--
Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd