[AccessD] Excel zombie won't die

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 30 14:41:12 CDT 2003

On 30 Aug 2003 at 11:57, Hale, Jim wrote:

> After this runs an instance of Excel can be seen in the task manager.
> If I kill it the next time I run the code it says the remote server
> cannot be found. The only way to kill it is to close Access. I thought
> appExcel.quit would shut it down. Any thoughts? This is office 2000
> run under windows 2000 prof. TIA Jim Hale

Jim,

As Michael suggests try using:

Set appExcel = New Excel.Application

Using that instead of just Set appExcel = Excel.Application "killed"
the Excel object properly.

Or you can try to use CreateObject to setthe Excel object

Set appExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

That released the Excel object properly for me as well.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.