[AccessD] XP deveoper, Office 97 and a changing OS

MarkH lists at theopg.com
Mon Dec 1 13:05:02 CST 2003

Hello...

Our network is currently running Windows 2000 and Office 97.
The IT guys (bless 'em) are planning to upgrade to Windows XP and Office
XP (standard with no Access) sometime next Spring.

Our department is, sort of, one step ahead. We are currently developing
a couple of applications using Office XP (on a separate laptop) and have
just purchased XP Developer with a view to upgrading some older apps as
well as develping the new ones. I have 3 question then:

1) Has anyone had problems installing XP developer over 97 professional?
Particularly in relation to generating XP runtime installs.

2) Any problems running XP runtime over 97 prof on Win 2000?

3) The tricky one... When the IT guys do upgrade these machines will
there be activation problems when we re-install XP developer? The
hardware will not change at all, just the OS.

Thanks in advance

mark

---