[AccessD] Subform not saved

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Dec 1 22:34:55 CST 2003

Group,

AXP FE / SQL2000 BE

I have a subform on a form.  I want to check if the record on the subform
has been saved when the main form is closed.  I am having problems with the
syntax.  If I use the following in the on unload event of the main form -

         MsgBox Forms!frmCustInvoice!sfrCustInvoiceMeter.Dirty
or      MsgBox Forms!frmCustInvoice!sfrCustInvoiceMeter.NewRecord

I get "

Object doesn't support this property or method (Error 438)"

However

         MsgBox Forms!frmCustInvoice!sfrCustInvoiceMeter!txtPresMeterReadDate

returns the correct value so I know I am referring to the subform correctly.

The reason for checking is that when the main form is being closed by the x
in the top right hand corner, the after update event is not firing on the
subform (yet the record is being saved!).  Another symptom is that I need
to click on the record selector twice for the pencil to turn into a triangle.

I am sure it is something to do with refreshing the record from the SQL BE
but not sure how to fix it.

Any pointers?

Regards

David Emerson