[AccessD] Edit Field Property via Code

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Wed Dec 3 06:54:59 CST 2003

Hi Selina
Whilst developing the BEU (which sounds like something you may want to take
a look at if you do this sort of thing a lot - exactly what it was designed
for, see http://www.databaseadvisors.com/downloads.htm) we found that
modifying field lengths was not supported via code. However you can do it
with an ALTER TABLE command in latewr versions of Access. I think it's W2K
onwards that allows it, I just know for sure that A97 doesn't. But that's
where to look.

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk