[AccessD] Password Security

connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au
Thu Dec 4 22:04:05 CST 2003

I am building an Access 97 front-end Database application which will link
to a SQL server 2000 database. The application will run inside Citrix
Metaframe 1.8 on a windows NT box with service pack 5.0.

There are existing security tables in a previously constructed database
which will be integrated to provide the basis for the username and password
authentication.

Our Security guru's have issues with the levels of security around the
password.

One of these guys suggested we use a Microsoft passfilt dll to provide
additional levels of password security by demanding pre defined password
restrictions.

Thats OK for him to say I have not used this functionality in windows
previously.

Does anyone know If I can call this dll from Windows NT whilst running an
access97 database inside citrix metaframe ........ or an alternative
solution.

Connie Kamrowski

Analyst/Programmer
Information Technology
NSW Agriculture
Orange

Ph: 02 6391 3250
Fax:02 6391 3290

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or received
it in error, please delete the message and notify sender. Views expressed
are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the views of
their organisation.