[AccessD] You Can't Carry Out This Action At This Time

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Thu Dec 4 22:57:26 CST 2003

Dear List:

Suddenly, without warning, a (bound) (dang) form begins to give me this message:
You Can't Carry Out This Action At This Time

when I try to save the record (using:DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70), for the second time.  First time works OK.

After the first save I also get it when I try to close the form - DoCmd.Close.  Before the first save everything's OK.

I also can't navigate - next record, previous record, etc.  all tell me You Can't Carry Out This Action At This Time.

At this point I have to close the entire app.

Any idea why this is happening?  It's making me nutz.

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software