[AccessD] Report properties - A2000 vs A2002

Stephen Bond stephen at bondsoftware.co.nz
Tue Dec 9 20:54:55 CST 2003

I take a (long-time working) app from a Win2000 / A2000 environment to a WinXP / A2002 environment.  The app is not converted to A2002, it stays in A2000 format, and works well ... except for a couple of reports.

Using A2002 to compare the properties of one of the reports that works and one that doesn't, I see some that are different, namely, PopUp, Modal, Border Style.  The reports that don't work have these properties to Yes/Yes/Modal; the ones that do work are No/No/Sizable.

So back I go to A2000, and, no sign of these properties on a Report.  Next, trying to be clever, and still in A2000, I try setting a WindowMode property when I invoke the report - but that works only in A2002 (well it syntaxes out in A2000).

In A2000 how do I change these properties?   I suppose a work-around would be to change the properties under A2002, but this defeats the goal of distributing one version only.

Stephen Bond
Otatara, South Island, New Zealand
03 213 1256   fax 03 213 0123