Fw: [AccessD] Form instances (AXP) and now AY2k3

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Dec 10 02:04:44 CST 2003

Hi
If anyone is interested re this, I have made one small relevant "discovery".
The option to display multiple windows in the task bar - I think this option started with A2K.  If this is set to display multiple windows in the task bar then each forms instance is also shown in the task bar.  (Navigationally useful!)   It also relates to my previous observation that Access Y2K3 does not allow multiple versions of the same database to run on the same desktop.  Somewhat Akin to Word and Excel multiple open files all get a separate windows task bar in recent versions.  This setting is a factor.  Clearly this is why, there is no need now, when this is set to multiple task bar entries.....  My recent work has been with this set to only one reference to the program on the task bar.
Kind regards,
Dr David Hingston
Director
Chequers Software Limited