[AccessD] [dba-VB] Mailmerge Using Word & SQL Server (VB6)

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Wed Dec 17 03:01:16 CST 2003

To all,

I am starting to write a mailmerge application for our own internal use, I want the user to be able to select the people they want to mail to and store these in a temporary merge table on SQL Server 7.0 (this I have already done).  I also give them the option to select an exisiting Word document or create a new one (also done)
.

I need to know how (when the user opens the Word document), I can tell the document to look at my temporary merge table on SQL Server 7.0.

Anyone know how I can do this as I have never tried to connect a Word document to a datasource via code before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul Hartland
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime