[AccessD] Jumping Forms

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Wed Dec 17 11:08:19 CST 2003

Dear List:

I have an app which uses the form resizing from the ADH and DoCmd.Maximize in the _Open event:

    Call adhScaleForm(Me, 640, 480, 96, 96, rctOriginal)
    DoCmd.Maximize

As an MDB - no problem.  But when I make an MDE the form 'jumps' if it's already open and gets the focus.  IOW, if I'm at a menu and go to a form from the menu, the target form does not jump, but I leave the menu open.  Then when the user closes the target form and the menu, which is already open gets the focus (Activate event is triggered but not Open event, and I have no suspicious code in my activate event), I get that extra 'jump'.

Doesn't disrupt the operation of the program but it's irritating.

Has anyone seen this behavior?  Any known fix?

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software