[AccessD] OT - Getting started with Web development

Haslett, Andrew andrew.haslett at ilc.gov.au
Mon Dec 1 20:09:14 CST 2003

If you host your app in a virtual directory, then any changes you make will
only affect your web application.  They don't need to change any 'global
iis' settings, so that should keep your network admins happy.

I really think it's the easiest way to go rather than using dll's or client
side script.  All you have to do is check one box and you're laughing!

Another point to remember: The IE6 option, under advanced->tools, called
"Enable Windows Integrated Authentication" can affect whether the server
variables (LOGON_USER) returns anything.  Might pay to change that and see
if it fixes your initial problem.

Cheers,
Andrew