[AccessD] OT - Kiss DP580... Help, it can't see my network

MarkH lists at theopg.com
Tue Dec 2 17:21:20 CST 2003

Sorry folks for being totally OT here but I been pulling my hair out
with a new toy that wont play.

I got this DVD player with built in hard drive today (Kiss DP580), its
supposed to be pretty good according to the magazines... But I can't get
the damn thing to see my network.

Has anyone actually got one of these things working with PC Link?

The manual is pretty brief but mentions the need for a DHCP server, I
installed one but am clueless as to what to do next. Google told me
nuffing :O(

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be real greatful

Mark
PS - I'm running win xp, pc link 1.3, upgraded the firmware and managed
to ping the dvd player once when it had a static IP address but nothing
since... I tried it on different connections, ip addresses and with the
software installed on different machines (event win 2000 at one point...
All cables etc. work with other machines.

---