AW: [AccessD] Does Query Exist In Access Queries

Garraway, Alun Alun.Garraway at otto.de
Tue Dec 2 10:41:39 CST 2003

hi Paul,

got this from somebody at work, might be useful...

alun

<code>
Sub QryNameandDescription()
On Error Resume Next

   Dim dbs As DAO.Database
   Dim qdfNew As DAO.QueryDef
   Dim qdfLoop As DAO.QueryDef
   Dim qry As DAO.QueryDef

   Set dbs = CurrentDb()

    With dbs

        Set qdfNew = .CreateQueryDef()
        qdfNew.name = "NewQueryDef"

        .QueryDefs.Append qdfNew

        Debug.Print "Queries in " & .name

        For Each qdfLoop In .QueryDefs
            If qdfLoop.name Like "qry*" Then
                Debug.Print qdfLoop.Properties("Name") & " / " & qdfLoop.Properties("Description") & Chr(13)
            End If
        Next qdfLoop

        .QueryDefs.Delete qdfNew.name

        .Close