[AccessD] Fw: [dba-Tech] MS To Junk Flagship Products

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 9 18:33:54 CST 2003

You should buy the OXP ODE version now, it will only be on store shelves
for 3 months
maybe less, from the release of a new Developers version Office 2003.
Unless you want to buy from E-Bay
later.
 You used to be able to get a downgraded version of lower versions of
 Access Developer via
a MSDN subscription. this is no longer the case after Dec 22, if what is
stated is true in the newsgroup is true.

You can't run Access 2003 below Win 2000 but SageKey has an MSI script
installer for Access 2003
With SageKey the Access application will not need a digital certificate.
The scripts will not display the Macro Security Warning Message "The
file may not be safe if it contains code that was intended to hard your
computer" when run without a digital signature. The Microsoft Installer
does.
It also says you need both the Office 2003 Professional CD and the
Office 2003 VST CD
Microsoft MS Visual Studio Tools Upgrade for Office 2003  is around
$200, but you can't seem to buy from Microsoft shop. ????

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software wrote:

>x-posted from tech list
>
>Rocky

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.