[AccessD] Num Lock

Christian, Lorraine LChristian at MassMutual.com
Wed Dec 10 06:28:46 CST 2003

Hi there!

Drew, do you care to share your function?  :)

Thanks.

Lorraine

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of Drew Wutka
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 3:54 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Num Lock

Yep, don't use SendKeys! <grin>

Actually, way back when, when I actually used SendKeys for various things, I
wrote a function that checked the state of the Numlock key, and would change
it if necessary.  So what I did BEFORE the Sendkeys line, is check the
state, then ran SendKeys, then checked the state again.  If it changed, I
switched it back.  I also had a few forms back then that I wanted to force
the numlock on, so I actually put that code in a timer event, to 'lock' the
numlock key on.

I've found later on that I have not really run into a  situation the truly
requires sendkeys anymore, there are usually other approaches.

Drew