[AccessD] OT: LCD Monitors for Development

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Dec 12 10:01:41 CST 2003

Jim,
Good points. I checked the manual of the Monitor for my LCD and set it to
what was listed as its best rate. I have no problems adjusting the
resolutions as long as they are listed for the monitor. (In Win2k there is a
setting to hide modes the monitor doesn't support so that prevent setting it
wrong. It has some really bizarro settings - like 848x480. I would think
that might come in handy if I had the monitor display turned sideways but I
don't see how to do that. Must be something the graphic card has to do for
it?

19" WOW! I have a 15" that I replace my 17" CRT with. I replaced my CRT with
a like sized LCD and while I could probably go to a 17" I don't really think
about it unless someone brings it up, so it must not be a burning need. I
had a 21" CRT once and I didn't eally care for that big of a screen. I felt
like I was in a tanning booth all day :o)

Samsung SyncMaster 151s - very nice.

JB