[AccessD] "Faked" replication

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 18 08:50:34 CST 2003

> > Microsoft recommends that you not use GUID's as primary keys, but I'm
not
> > sure that really means anything. :)
>
> > http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/10167/0
>
> Ehh, Susan ... aren't you (re)reading your own articles too fast:
>
> <quote>
>
> Microsoft discourages the use of GUID as a primary key, but that's
> because most people don't really need universal uniqueness. When
> uniqueness across many systems is vital, however, the GUID datatype is
> definitely the way to go. Just remember that you pay a price in
> performance.
>
> </quote>
>
> Isn't "across many systems" exactly the situation of Steve?

=============I don't really understand your question? Do you think the
statement is wrong? FWIW, I'm not suggesting the article solves anyone's
problem. Just linking because it discusses the subject. Arthur may pipe in
here later.

> /gustav
>
> PS: Nice picture of you and your mother!

=============Thanks. :) Remember the pic of Ann Landers that was a bazillion
years old? Well, she's not the only one that can pull that trick. BTW,
that's actually my granddaughter. :)

Susan H.