[AccessD] OT: O97 apps freeze Win2K sp4

Thu Dec 18 12:17:17 CST 2003

Your network guy has been spending too much time watching "reality shows".
He's now departed from the realm of the real world we all live in.

O97 runs just fine under all versions of Windows from 95 to XP.

As to why Word is freezing up...

Any of these user's got a CD in the CD-ROM drive that happens to be a dud?
Maybe they have a drive mapped to a bad network share? (I'm clutching at
straws here <g>). Are they sharing anything on someone else's machine (like
a local printer on Machine X being shared out to Machine Y). Did you check
the shortcut that they are using to launch Word? Does it actually point to
winword.exe on *their* PC? Sometimes you can find a shortcut pointing to the
executable on another machine, and because all the other files are loaded
locally, the 'remote' progie will run. Have you tried simply removing Office
97 and re-installing it on the affected machines?

Lambert