[AccessD] "Faked" replication

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Dec 19 13:22:54 CST 2003

Hi Charlotte

> Um ... I'm lost in the woods.  My understanding was that Access did
> recommend GUIDs.  I've never seen anything from them discouraging their
> use.  They are a PITA to work with, which is discouraging enough on its
> own.  Now I can't figure out who's recommending what??

I don't know either. But based on Susan's article and common sense I
think you can conclude, that if a normal (Long) Autonumber will do,
stick with this; if not - which clearly is the case for the original
question of Steve(n), use a GUID. Using GUID is what Access does all
by itself when set up for replication.

/gustav