[AccessD] Route email to SMTP Server from Access

Fred Hooper fahooper at trapo.com
Sun Dec 21 13:22:51 CST 2003

Dan,

I don't know. I combined two suggestions I found using Google, one from
microsoft. If you search on
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing" you find
"http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cdosys/htm
l/_cdosys_schema_configuration.asp", which was my main source.

While this seems to be for W2K, looking around a bit, I found "Note   CDO
works with Microsoft Outlook, but CDO.DLL is not installed with the
Microsoft Outlook 97 setup program." Perhaps this will help you.

I like the approach because I am not restricted to a real "from" in the
email, which I'm using in some VB utilities to manage some Cognos BI stuff.
I just send the email from "CubeBuilder", which seems to make sense to our
users.

You're welcome
Fred