[AccessD] mail merge from text file

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Mon Dec 22 08:19:55 CST 2003

John,

Is pushing the data from Access and option for this merge?

If so there are a couple of good artilces in the M-M newsletter,
written by a kindly soul, who is finally getting to write some code
today. Yep, that would be me :-)

That way you would end up with only one Access session open and
depending on how you coded it, one session of Word open.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> jcolby at colbyconsulting.com 22-Dec-03 9:03:46 AM >>>
uhh...

Well...

Someone recommended text files as if that was a natural way to go...
but of
course I can generate temp db files.  Apparently if you use something
like
Access or Excel to hold the data then Word uses automation to open an
instance of that program to feed it the data.  I am assuming that if
you use
a text file that automation step just goes away and the text file is
simply
read by Word.

Of course knowing MS they might very well open an instance of Word to
read
the text file and feed it to Word...