[AccessD] "Faked" replication

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 14:41:01 CST 2003

Jim,

>> Never trust your spell checker...I meant 'pseudo'. <<

Gotta kick that spell checker habit!

>> the program embeds a copy of the display drive in each record. <<

Not sure what you mean here. We use a graphic file viewer (IrfanView) to open the GIF file and then Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V into the OLE object field. No file name, no path.

>> When the graphic files were setup as linked the MDB reduced to about 150MB. <<

Yeah. My client specifically asked to embed the files in the DB to reduce the number of files. Besides, I've got enough trouble with replication. If I have to distribute hundreds or thousands of graphics, too...

I do appreciate the "heads up."

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI
920-969-0504

Message created with Bloomba

Disclaimer: No tree was killed in the transmission of this message. However, several coulombs of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.