[AccessD] Negative replication

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Tue Dec 30 12:34:36 CST 2003

Jim,

>> Is that close enough? <<

Kinda makes the case for DSL or cable modems, eh?

I'm mostly curious about any real-life adventures with, say, database corruption by sending replicas back and forth on CD. I get the idea from Mike Kaplan on the Trigeminal site that it isn't a good idea at all. The implication is that corruption is right around the corner, though he doesn't give any specifics. What's really wrong with making more and more replicas and synchronizing via CD copies of those replicas?

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI
920-969-0504

Message created with Bloomba

Disclaimer: No tree was killed in the transmission of this message. However, several coulombs of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.