[AccessD] Pushing A2K Data to SQL2K - S-L-O-W!:

Ron Moore rmoore at comtechpst.com
Tue Feb 4 13:08:21 CST 2003

*cross-posted to SQL & Access Forums*

I'm migrating/converting data from an Informix DB to a SQLServer2K app using
A2K as the middleware.  The final append query selects records from a buffer
table and inserts them into a SQL table through an ODBC connection.  The
push of the largest table takes almost 5 HOURS! :-((((   The Windows Task
Manager shows A2K and the specific DB 'toggling' between 'Running' and 'Not
Responding', but the process does finish.

107,850 Records in A2K table.  72 Fields.  DB size (compressed before push)
is 86Mb (was 346Mb).

Do I have to live with this lack of speed?  This is for a pilot which will
be built from 'scratch' MANY times before it goes to production.

TIA,
Ron Moore
Sr. Database Administrator
Comtech PST Corp.