[AccessD] Humor: 100 per cent plus

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Feb 11 22:12:00 CST 2003

What makes 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100% ??

We have all been to those meetings where someone wants over 100%.
How about achieving 103%?  Here's a little math that might prove helpful.

IF:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

IS represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.
Then:
H A R D W O  R  K:
8 1 18 4 23 15 18 11 = 98%

K N  O  W  L  E D G E:
11 14 15 23 12 5 4 7 5 = 96%

but,
A T  T  I  T  U  D E:
1 20 20 9 20 21 4 5 = 100%

B  U  L  L  S  H I T:
2 21 12 12 19 8 9 20 = 103%

So, it stands to reason that hard work and knowledge will get you close,
attitude will get you there, but bullshit will put you over the top.

And look how far "ass-kissing" will take you.

A S  S - K  I S S   I  N G:
1 29 19  11 9 19 19 9 14 7 = 118%!!!!!

You can take it from there.

John W. Colby