[AccessD] OT: Cant open file Error WIN XP

Darren Dick d.dick at uws.edu.au
Thu Feb 13 20:48:01 CST 2003

Hello all
A Bit OT but it is stopping me from using Access so I thought I'd post here
:-)
I have a Mapped Network Drive - O:\
On this mapped drive I have an MDB in a folder O:\MyFolder
I have a short cut on my local desktop pointing to O:\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb
When I double click the Desktop link I get the following Error

Microsoft Access cannot open this file.
This file is located outside your intranet or on an entrusted site.
Microsoft Access will not open the file due to the potential Security
Problem
To open the file copy it to your machine or onto an accessible network
location

For the purpose of the Exercise I have set the security level for Intranets
to the lowest
that Explorer will allow - no joy :-(((

Any suggestions??

Many thanks in advance