[AccessD] OT: FTPOnline - VSLive! San Francisco 2003 - Experts Face Off on Software Management

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Feb 14 07:29:01 CST 2003

"There's no one way to approach software process management."

http://www.ftponline.com/reports/vslivesf/2003/02_13_03/cooper_brown/

"Cooper revealed a misconception in the way we approach software
development: We try to fit the process within the same framework as other
industrial and engineering processes. He discussed the problem that arises
from the uncertainty of programming-the fact that many tasks can take a day
if things go well, or a week or more if they don't. As a result, programmers
are always at odds with management, leading to self-deception on both sides
in terms of how long projects will take."...