[AccessD] Cascade-delete (was: Estimating Help)

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Sun Feb 2 17:21:00 CST 2003

Guys, does it really matter which process you trust the most -- your own or
the system's? The truth is, both are flawed. :) The best any of us can do is
choose one, learn it upside down and backa*sward, use it as efficiently and
effectively as we know how and prepare for the worst.

For the life of me, I don't see how you guys get into these good, better,
best scenarios. What's best is what we know the best, and what costs the
client the least time and money. And don't take that to mean I think it's OK
to build a database in Excel just because Excel is your tool of choice --
I'm not talking extremes -- I'm talking about Access and database
programming practices in general.

The discussion's interesting -- I've enjoyed the reasons for and against.
Just don't think one way is any better than any other -- when all things
being equal, the developer knows what he or she is doing.

Susan H.