[AccessD] OT: Prolog (was: duh)

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Mon Feb 3 08:59:00 CST 2003

Yes...I loved Prolog too! And, I did very well in the class...by mid
term, I was helping the other students by request of the instructor,
because he couldn't do it. The instructor would give an assignment, and
give the class a week to do it, and I would usually finish mine that
evening...or the next night if I had to work or something. I wrote a
music organizer for my albums and tapes in it, just for the hell of
it...it was a fun language. The big thing about Prolog was recursion,
wasn't it?

I had heard about Visual Prolog...or would we say, "VP"...but never got
around to checking it out. I'll be hitting this link today though.
Thanks

John W Clark

>>> gustav at cactus.dk 02/03/03 08:30AM >>>
Hi John

> I don't know why, but this statement reminded me of programming XLISP
in
> college...they used LISP and Prolog for our AI class. Except we
weren't
> counting commas, but parenthesis instead.

I loved that strange logic in Prolog and miss it sometimes. But for
years I haven't hade a project where Prolog would be the first choice.

Are you aware that Visual Prolog is live and well:

http://www.visual-prolog.com/

/gustav