[AccessD] A2K: Loop through files in a folder

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Feb 4 22:10:00 CST 2003

> OK Drew,
> I'll raise the question - why?
>
> (I think I know the answer but am too gun shy at this moment to venture
> forth)
>
> Lazy John
> ;o)
>
> (Try to stay away from the file scripting object
> when you can.)

1. You can't be sure it is available on a target machine. Anyone with any sense will
disable WSH  unless they have a specific need for it.  It introduces too many secruity
risks.

2. Using the built in VBA file handling functions is more efficient since you don't need to
go through the intermediate scripting engine.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg