[AccessD] OT: processor heating

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Feb 5 09:28:02 CST 2003

Do you have the Motherboard Monitor utility?  Is the exhaust temperature
very high?  The delta between case in and case out can make a tremendous
difference in how hot the processor runs.

And of course, if you just upgraded the proc without upgrading the heatsink,
you might want to get a higher performance HeatsinkFan unit.  What was
perfectly adequate for a lower speed proc may be inadequate for the faster
proc.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting