[AccessD] RE: [Accessed] .net

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Wed Feb 5 11:26:00 CST 2003

Oh, YEAH!!  A couple of years ago, I had to rebuild an app for capturing digitized longitude-latitude points in a photogrammetry system (using a digitizing table) that had been built for the VAX and then *ported* to dBase by someone who made no effort to understand what it was actually doing.  Can you say "goto"??  It was loaded with formulas using variables like j, k, l, m, etc. with no datatype and without a clue as to what that variable represented at any given moment or what any particular portion of the calculation produced.

Charlotte Foust