[AccessD] adding field to table via code

Oleg_123 at xuppa.com Oleg_123 at xuppa.com
Wed Feb 5 14:16:00 CST 2003

Andy, Charlotte  was right i had to go to vb help not Access, well  Isleep
5 hours a day (thats why i am going on vacation :) I am gtting error in
this line ---   .Fields.Append. CreateField("PriKey", dbAutonumber)

Dim dbDM As Database
    Dim tbGAP As TableDef
    Dim fldLoop As Field
    Dim tdfNew

    Set dbDM = OpenDatabase("Daily MIS.mdb")
    Set tbGAP = dbDM.CreateTableDef("NewTableDef")

    With tbGAP
        .Fields.Append. CreateField("PriKey", dbAutonumber)
    End With

    dbDM.TableDefs.Append tdfNew

    MsgBox "Properties of new Fields in " & tdfNew.Name