[AccessD] Outlook Crashes Access - need it resolved in 2 hour s.

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Feb 5 19:39:00 CST 2003

If you are feeding to an SMTP server it may also be worth looking at BLAT. Its freeware.

http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/blat.html

Primarily designed as a CLI mailer, there is also a DLL version avaiable at

http://www.geocities.com/toby_korn/blat/

You don't need to worry about registry or references, just drop the DLL somewhere in your path and use a
Declare Function SendBlat Lib "blat.dll" Alias "Send" (ByVal sCmd As String) As Integer

There's also an example of an Access Class module which uses Blat.exe at
http://www.j-enterprises.com/MSAccess_Blat.htm

it would be trivial to modify this to use the DLL instead so as to get better feedback on error codes.
(I may get around to it one day myself)

--
Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd