[AccessD] OT: Yee Haw....

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri Feb 7 13:13:00 CST 2003

Lest we be seen to agree in public, JC, let me object that MySQL can work on
big iron, too. And if you have 120M rows in a table and need to select the
top 10 according to some column(s), nothing can do it quicker than MySQL. It
lacks a lot, but speed isn't on the list.
So the big iron folks unafraid of Linux and having 120M rows in various
tables (c.f. Yahoo) use MySQL. The banks and the other suits trust Larry.
All the same, a MySQL install is a little like an Austin Healey 3000. Be
prepared to tinker, and to have to know stuff that mere mortals cannot
fathom :-) OTOH I notice that the Linux guys get more money per hour than us
Windoze guys.
A.