[AccessD] RE: Archive site

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Sat Feb 8 01:21:00 CST 2003

Jim, my web is down right now.  I am in the process of moving.  Got the big
furniture moved today (and boy am I tired).  However, this means I need my
DSL hooked up at my new place.  I am going with a new DSL provider...they
have a better package (768k to 1.5meg down, 256 up, and 5 static IP
Addresses for 79 a month).  I am currently paying about the same for only
608 down, 128 up, and 1 static IP. (Ironically, the service is provided by
the same company I am switching too.

I am calling in the morning to set it up, and from what I was told so far,
it will be 5 days (so they say).

I am also going to switch my domain over to be directed to my new IP
addresses, so the correct address will then be
http://www.wolfwares.com/AccessD.  (In a few days, when I am settled in,
I'll send you the full address (including the page), to use behind the
search form's 'posting', or querystring.  (Posting is better...but either
way...)

Also, I'll announce this here, but when I'm live again, the archives are
going to kick butt.  Right now they are roughly 130 megs.  And searching the
body of the message takes forever ( around 20 seconds give or take).  I
found that unacceptable, so last weekend I wrote an indexing service for the
memo fields.  Now the searching is practically instantaneous.  When my site
is available, I'll have the new search capability in place.  (I started
writing the asp pages, but have been distracted with the move and work.
It's going to be pretty easy to write.)  I'll have it look for
'SearchString'.

I'll post to the list when I am online again.  (If I survive this move!
<VBG>).

Drew