[AccessD] Cascade-delete (was: Estimating Help)

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Feb 8 16:55:00 CST 2003

> Rocky,
>
> What I was saying the other day is simply that cascade delete has no ability
> to assess the "rights" of the person deleting something.

Quite correct but neither can a simple delete deternine the rights of the person doing it.
If someone can delete a parent record, do you want a load of orphans lying around
messing up your summarising queries? Can anyone give me an example of where you
would want to delete a parent and not it's children?

The answer to stopping "manservants" et al from damaging your database is to control
who can do ANY deleting, not to allow people to *only* delete some of the records in a
relationship.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg