[AccessD] Export to Excel

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Mon Feb 10 10:33:00 CST 2003

On that note, does anyone know if there is a commercial product to do proper
report exporting to Excel?  The built-in Access one leaves a lot to be
desired.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Carbonnell [mailto:Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 10:12 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Export to Excel

Mark,

You can use Automation to do the export directly to Excel and format it
without any user interaction, other than the user clicking a button to start
the process.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com 10-Feb-03 10:48:51 AM >>>
John -

Thanks for the reply.

This may be something we can work with.

I'll run it by my boss, but I'm guessing there will be complaints about
too much user interaction.

The thing that drives me crazy is there isn't that much interaction on
the user's part.  They have to move a few fields around, or re-total a
field here and there ... not a big deal if you ask me.

Thanks,

Mark