[AccessD] Removing blank line from a report

Mark Boyd MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com
Tue Feb 11 09:26:28 CST 2003

Bob -
Thanks for the reply.
This looks like a great idea, but I think Charles' response works better
for my situation.
Actually, the [CityStZip] field on the report concatenates 3 individual
fields .. I should have been more descriptive.

Thanks again,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Gajewski [mailto:bob at renaissancesiding.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 9:53 AM
To: 'accessd at databaseadvisors.com'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Removing blank line from a report

Mark

There's a couple of different ways to do this. My preference is:

1) Use unbound text boxes
	txtName
	txtAddr1
	txtAddr2
	txtAddr3

2) Set them all to CanShrink=Yes

3) Set their values in code/source
	txtName = [BillingName]
	txtAddr1 = [Addr1]
	If [Addr2]="" Then
	   txtAddr2 = [CityStZip]
	   txtAddr3 = ""
	Else
	   txtAddr2 = [Addr2]
	   txtAddr3 = [CityStZip]
	End If

Just put the applicable section for each in the control source.

Do you really have a single field for the city, state code and zip code?

Regards,
Bob Gajewski