[AccessD] Can I pack / compact dbf files with Access 97?

Neal Kling nkling at co.montgomery.ny.us
Tue Feb 11 10:09:07 CST 2003

Paul,

A work-around would be to create, or copy from another location, an
empty dbf.  Then append, via Access, all the records from the first dbf.
Since Access does recognize the delete flag the deleted records will not
be appended.  Then clean up by getting rid of the old dbf and renaming
the new one.  All of the can be automated through code allowing for a
single button click to execute it.

Neal Kling