[AccessD] Using DateDiff function

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Tue Feb 11 14:00:01 CST 2003

Yet another opportunity for me to praise static functions :-) Put this into
a public module:

Static Function LastRun() as Date
Dim dtNow as Date
If IsNull(dtNow) Then
	dtNow = Now()
End If
LastRun = dtNow
End Function

Now call this function from your click:

Private Sub Command20_Click()
Dim Andy
If DateDiff("h", Now, LastRun()) <= 15 Then
Andy = MsgBox("You've already updated the records today" & vbCrLf & _
        "Are you sure you wish to update again?", vbYesNo, "alert")
  If Andy = vbNo Then
    Exit Sub
  End If
End If
DoCmd.RunMacro "GetRates"
End Sub

Or, perhaps better, in the OnCurrent event of the form, set the availability
of the button and forget the "You bungling user" message :-)

Command20.Enabled = DateDiff("h", Now, LastRun()) > 15

Which of course poses problems if the user is likely to have the form open
on the same record for hours and hours, but if that is a possibility you can
put the line above into its own function and call that function from a
timer.
Hth,
Arthur