[AccessD] Just curious

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 12 19:43:00 CST 2003

On 12 Feb 2003 at 17:26, John W. Colby wrote:

> I started using classes hmmm... about 3 or 4  years ago now.  I
> started seeing the occasional cryptic message about WithEvents from
> this Russian Guy (Shamil) which caught my attention.  I went to his
> site and downloaded all of his demos, but had a bit of a rough time
> understanding the concept. Looking back, I don't really understand
> why.  It's really easy stuff but I did.  Tried it, went away, tried
> it, went away.  Finally one time it just clicked.  It clicked so well
> that I decided to completely rewrite my framework to be class /
> withevents driven.  Which I did.

What caused it to click? Just hammering at it time and time again?

I've tried understanding that Russian guy's stuff :-)) and it hurts my
head. I can use classes. I can use WithEvents. I just can't seem to
use them together.

Is it just a case of try to understand, then try again and again and
again until the magic moment happens and it just finally clicks?

Maybe it's just too DEEP for me right now :-))

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Never test for a bug you don't know how to fix.