Who is this Shamil guy - was RE: [AccessD] Just curious ;-)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Thu Feb 13 07:28:35 CST 2003

> Thank you Shamil!
Thank you John! :)

And I'd like to thank also Marek Kepinski, who gave me the decisive hint of
WithEvents - this is how it happened on July 1998:

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9807C&L=access-l&P=R21833

This is funny to read now how silly I missed WithEvents power when I tried
it during summer 1997 when I worked on DAISY-framework... But IMO it's
interesting to see how "hanging in the air" ideas hit&click in one's head...
And of course this event of DEEP-Object Concept nascency confirms the
philosophical idea/axiom that one has to be prepared and mature enough
(technologically and personally) to get and develop such "hanging ideas" - I
mean I wasn't ready for WithEvents in summer 1997 (because I only started
Access97 OO-programming for several months that time) but one year later in
July 1998 I was a kind of fully-fledged in OOP in MS Access 97(in fact not
enough as I think now) - and here is a helping hand of Marek Kepinski coming
from cyber-heavens...

And of course I should mention all-honored Stan Leszynski who I've never met
or communicated via e-mail but whose all times best MS Acces book "Access 97
Expert Solutions" really opened my eyes on what true MS Access development
is:

"Stan sets the standards that Access developers live and die by..." - Tod
Nielsen, General Manager, Microsoft Access Business Unit.

Thank you Stan!

Shamil