[AccessD] Access 97 slowdown

Doug Murphy doug at murphyscreativity.com
Thu Feb 13 11:41:00 CST 2003

Hi Group,

I have a general question.  We have a database that tracks dog pedigrees
and prints out a chart of the family history back 6 generations.  This
project was originally developed in Access 2 and ran fine.  It was
updated to 97 and runs fine on our machine, Windows 98.  When the client
runs it on a machine with 1 meg of memory and a Pentium 4 1+gig
processor it slows after a tree is run a few times.  The program runs
fine on our machine with 512 meg of memory and a Pentium 3.  The family
tree is generated through a series of append queries and temp tables.
It would seem that a machine with more memory and faster processor would
perform better, not worse.

Any ideas where to start looking for the slow down cause?

Thanks in advance.

Doug