[AccessD] OT: WINNT directory permissions

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Thu Feb 13 15:48:01 CST 2003

Two ways I can think of.

The easiest way, if this is for a machine or machines...that you have access
to directly, is to create a Service in VB to let you do this.  With a
service, you can set what 'account' you want it to run as, which just takes
the security nightmare out of the loop.

The other way is to get into the NT security API's, where you create a User
Token.  It's very complex, and to tell you the truth I have never fully
gotten into it, because I usually find a way around it.  My co-worker digs
those API's though, so if you want to go that route, I can ask if he has
anything pre-written for that sort of thing.

Drew