[AccessD] select most recent

Selina Iddon selina at easydatabases.com.au
Sun Feb 16 18:06:00 CST 2003

Hi Eric
Why not put a 'finish date' in the table also so that you can view historical data and then just set your query for 'finish date' = null, thus giving only the current Territory Managers.
Can a Manager only be in one Territory?  With using the Manager as the PK it is very restrictive?  If he moves, do you first have to delete him from one Territory to give him another?  If he has a second term, what happens to the first record/historical data?  If you have a table autonumber as the ID and then validate the Manager/Territory/dates in code on the before_update it may be easier and give you a lot more control.
Hope this helps
Selina

        Selina Iddon
      selina at easydatabases.com.au