[AccessD] Puzzling error msg? <Invalid precision for decimal data type.>

Michael Maddison michael.maddison at ddisolutions.com.au
Tue Feb 18 22:43:00 CST 2003

John,

You would think so from the msg wouldn't you?  I've checked and double
checked.  Apart from the explicit casts
to cDbl I've also check the actual values returned by the query to the
target table and there is nothing out of the ordinary.
Ints look like ints and the doubles start at 0 and go to only a couple
of hundred (428.9).

I've never seen this error before!

cheers

Michael M

	Just off the top of my head... is that a long int trying to
shoehorn into a decimal?  If so, then the significant digits in front of
(left of) the decimal place may have too many digits.

	Just a wag.

	John W. Colby
	Colby Consulting