[AccessD] suspend execution of VB code

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Wed Feb 19 08:00:01 CST 2003

Or place a DoEvents between each query, to allow the screen to update.
Whichever is easier for you! <VBG>

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew Wutka [mailto:DWUTKA at marlow.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 8:23 PM
To: 'accessd at databaseadvisors.com'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] suspend execution of VB code

Use the following code.  Watch for word wrap on the API Calls.  This
function uses an API to delay your code by x number of
milliseconds...without cycling your processor over and over.

Private Declare Function WaitForSingleObject Lib "kernel32" (ByVal hHandle
As Long, ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function CreateWaitableTimer Lib "kernel32" Alias
"CreateWaitableTimerA" (ByRef lpTimerAttributes As Long, ByVal bManualReset
As Long, ByVal lpTimerName As String) As Long
Private Declare Function CloseHandle Lib "kernel32" (ByVal hObject As Long)
As Long

Private Function DelayRoutine(intMilliseconds As Long)
Dim dwReturn As Long
Dim intTimer As Long
intTimer = CreateWaitableTimer(0, True, "MicrosoftAccessDelay" & Chr(0))
dwReturn = WaitForSingleObject(intTimer, intMilliseconds)
CloseHandle intTimer
End Function

Drew